Monday, February 15, 2010

MAJOR Snow Day in Texas

Last week we experienced record breaking (literally!) amounts of snow in one day. It was so beautiful and we all got out and enjoyed the experience. What a nice "test run" for our upcoming trip to Utah with the Keiser family.

Enjoy a few pics from the day!















Peyton couldn't decide whether she wanted to throw or eat the snowballs she made. Most of the time she opted for eating them. Yummy!

I was amazed.... Although it was very cold and at times their faces were bright red, they never complained or wanted to come inside. And, no, I couldn't get Tate in a heavier coat. He opted for a sweatshirt that just soaked in the water. Argh - boys!


















When Erik got home they went back outside and built a snowman and "Texas-size" snowball. Check it out!

















Here's a shot of the outside of our house. I am not quite sure when/if we'll ever see snow like this again. I do think it looks beautiful but am glad it melted away as quickly as it came. Yes, I'm a Texas girl who likes the warmer weather although I do have to admit it's nice to see some of the other seasons every now and then.



Jaime

No comments: